Imperium Consulting Group has extensive expertise in construction project scheduling and performing assessments of project delay and disruption. This includes forensic schedule delay analysis to quantify delays to support time-related and impact costs, as well as forecasting delays through Time Impact Analyses for change orders.
Imperium Consulting Group also collaborates closely with clients to establish baseline schedules and provide monthly updates for complex projects where project delivery faces significant risks.
Our team comprises engineers, project managers, schedulers, cost controllers, and accountants dedicated exclusively to the construction sector.
Our Schedule Delay Analysis Expertise in Action
Our valued clients, including contractors, subcontractors, owners, engineers, and law firms, rely on our schedule delay analysis proficiency for construction claims. We develop and respond to delay and disruption claims, deliver expert reports with forensic schedule delay analyses, and provide workshops on managing schedule risk to avoid claims.
Schedule Delay Analysis Expert Services:
Contract Delay and Disruption Claims
Our team performs Critical Path Method ("CPM") schedule delay analyses to quantify delays, assess acceleration and recovery, pinpoint the root causes of schedule impacts, and allocate responsibility for delays. Our schedule delay analyses provide reliable and well-supported schedule delay quantum for claims, including:
- Quantification of compensable delays (entitling contractors to delay-related costs such as General Conditions) or non-compensable-delays.
- Quantification of excusable delays (relieving contractors from liquidated damages) or non-excusable-delays (potentially subjecting contractors to liquidated damages).
- Identification of concurrent delays affecting the assessment of compensable/excusable delay quantum.
- Quantification of acceleration/schedule recovery.
- Identification and quantification of disruption impacts on critical and non-critical paths, affecting not only time-related costs but also additional labor and equipment costs related to disrupted activities.
Insurance Claims (Builder's Risk/Construction All Risk/Subcontractor Default)
Imperium experts evaluate schedules and project records to determine schedule impacts resulting from insurable loss events. We then develop claims submitted to insurers. Our process for analyzing insurance claims includes:
- Assessing project progress at the time of loss, based on the contemporaneous "pre-loss" schedule, enabling comprehensive delay analysis for potential loss recovery.
- Analyzing critical paths following loss events throughout the repair and rebuild phases.
- Identifying specific delays caused by the loss event that impact the critical path, allowing for the recovery costs.
- Identifying acceleration in project schedules allowing for the recovery of acceleration costs caused by loss events and damage repairs.
Claims Evaluation and Expert Testimony
The Imperium Construction Claims team offers clients comprehensive services in Claims Evaluation and Expert Testimony for a wide range of construction projects. Our expertise extends to various settlement forums, including Mediation, Arbitration, Litigation, and Alternative Dispute Resolution.