Hurricane Claim Preparation
Imperium Consulting Group can help with hurricane claim preparation and recovery. Our team takes a proactive and focused approach to identify and quantify your financial losses. Imperium assists organizations with the assessment of loss impacts, quantification of business interruption and time element costs, scope and cost calculations for property damage, forensic scheduling for time element losses and expert claim documentation to maximize and expedite available insurance and third party recoveries.
If you have any questions or need hurricane claim assistance, please contact us directly:
After the Event / Post-Loss Guidelines:
In the event of significant damage to and/or interruption of business, the following post-loss guidelines will assist with hurricane or storm damage claims recovery:
- Secure and ensure safety of employees and colleagues.
- Activate Loss Recovery Team, which should include as appropriate:
- Dedicated Team Leader;
- Risk Manager and financial department colleagues (CFO/Controller);
- Accounting staff;
- Facilities management;
- Outside broker;
- Forensic accounting or claim preparation consultant; and
- Construction cost and schedule consultant.
- Identify, photograph, and document the scope of the loss while preserving any damaged items.
- Develop scope of repair estimates with vendors or internally.
- Implement claim cost tracking and accounting protocols.
- Implement document gathering protocols for property damage and business interruption.
- Track and document customer inquiries, cancelled orders, potential delayed events that drive revenue generation or create added cost, and other lost sales or loss event costs.
- Communicate with broker, consultant, carrier, and adjuster to establish a claims process, including the immediate next steps.
Download additional information: