Given the severe reality of natural disasters, historic pandemics, and increasing cyber threats,
it is critical for Insureds to be prepared to quantify and correctly document potential financial
losses. Imperium has extensive experience implementing effective solutions for many of the largest public entities, municipalities, K-12 schools, hospitals, and other organizations. Imperium offers a full continuum of claim preparation, forensic accounting, construction consulting, and risk management services that are designed specifically for public entities. Our multi-disciplined team, averaging decades of experience, is uniquely qualified to support your needs.
Imperium Services Covered Under “Claim Preparation” Coverage
Insurance policies typically provide coverage for claim preparation services, following a covered loss. These services are intended to support policyholders in preparing, quantifying, and presenting claims to the Insurance Company(ies) and their representatives. Check your policy to see if you have coverage.
Insurance Claim Preparation – Imperium’s team has extensive experience in supporting organizations following an insurable triggering event. Imperium’s building consultants, forensic accountants, engineers, and other professionals can support you in quantifying and presenting your loss to the Insurer(s).
Builders Risk & Construction Issues – Claim preparation takes not only expertise but also time and resources. Imperium helps alleviate the unplanned claim preparation burdens typically placed on a project team after a loss. We apply expertise in both construction project management and insurance claim preparation to help establish the status of the project at the time of a loss and then prepare the claim documentation required for financial recovery.
Additional Imperium Consulting Services:
Imperium helps clients with complex valuation services, which are described below.
Business Interruption Value (BIV) – Imperium’s BIV Updates can be tailored to meet the needs
of an organization’s risk tolerance and help in decision making in setting coverage limits for annual
policy premiums. When an insured sets their insurable values too high, they pay more in premiums
for coverage they will never use. When BIV is too low, full financial recovery after a loss may not
FEMA Expertise – In addition to insurance claims, our team has the knowledge and expertise to support eligible Applicants with their FEMA claims through the FEMA Public Assistance Program. Our team has extensive experience in project development, damage estimating, appeals, and project close-out.
Capital Project and Construction Claims
Auditing – public organizations often require an outside review of construction spending, adding stewardship to ongoing projects, or as part of a dispute avoidance and early claims resolution process. Imperium’s team of schedule, scope and cost experts design and implement audit plans for public projects and serve as on-call claims auditors to help facilitate the successful completion of projects that experience changes.
Cyber Risk Quantification – is a pre-loss valuation associated with specific threats such as a ransomware attack, business email compromise, and data exfiltration.
Litigation / Appraisals / Arbitration – Imperium employs a broad range of testifying experts with significant experience in quantifying economic damages. With decades of real-world experience, we achieve exceptional results in providing the technical and financial consultations required to resolve complex disputes across various industries.
Select Experience Includes:
- Complex Higher Education property and business interruption claim following a fire at a research building.
- Supported a Florida Airport Authority following hurricane damages in quantifying and presenting a property and business interruption claim to the Insurer.
- A Northeast Sports & Exhibition Authority property claim following damaged sustained during a hurricane.
- Largest FEMA claim in history for a significant public housing authority in North America providing consulting services for the NFIP, insurance, and FEMA claims.
- COVID-19 Cost Preparation and FEMA Claims Management for the largest public health care system in the United States.
- Construction claims analysis for a State Department of Transportation.
- Construction capital project audit for a state university.
- Complex Hurricane insurance claim with FEMA component for one of Florida’s largest K-12 school systems.
- Supporting various small municipalities following winter storms in filing an insurance claim through the APIP program for unscheduled roads / cleanup inclusive of both internal and third-party expenses.